(Paranormal) The Men in Black: Who are They and What do They Want?

(Kyle McLachlan as Dail Cooper in Twin Peaks featured above)

If you've ever read any types of paranormal, alien encounter stories, you might have heard of the "Men in Black" phenomenon. These are apparently, supposed extraterrestrial beings who are known to make contact with people who who have acquired evidence about aliens, either through witnessing something extraterrestrial, or being abducted, in order to threaten them into silence about their experience. If that doesn't already sound oppressing enough, the have often been rumored to be working with our government.

 The appearance these beings often take is that of an unnaturally tall, darker-skinned man with exotic features wearing a full black suit and carrying a brief case. They are not generally friendly, and have a tendency to be able to manipulate the environment around them in strange ways that could be described as not abiding by the typical laws of physics, essentially, interacting with their environment in supernatural ways. They've been known to move objects, manipulate/entrance people, make things appear and disappear, and appear and disappear suddenly themselves.

I personally have had a couple encounters with these types of beings, one of which was actually recounted to me by someone who experienced it while I was present, but unconscious, and the other I experienced in a dream-state, just before waking.

The time I saw one in a dream-like state was very brief, very vague, and definitely caused me to worry about what was happening at the time. I saw what appeared to be a man, in a completely black suit that looked like it was made of some strange, reflective/slick/watery-looking material from about the middle of the chest up to his neck; that was the range of visual frame that I had. He said only the words, "I warned you," which I found really strange, because I'd not remembered being previously warned by this being before about anything. That was all the encounter was though. I immediately woke up and was where I'd fallen asleep at. Perhaps I wasn't in the best state of mind when it happened, but I didn't feel prepared for any sort of dream or whatever it was like that to happen.

The other experience I had was not actually a direct account, but about five years ago, I was in the hospital due to an overdose, but they had to put me in the oncology ward because they didn't really have anywhere else they could put me for some reason. I ended being roomed with a nice elderly lady. Apparently, one night when we were there, she had to be resuscitated and had temporarily passed away, for a few minutes I suppose. During that time, I was out pretty cold. I definitely felt like I must have been sleeping, but I also felt like I was slightly conscious but unable to really conduct myself at all. I felt like I could faintly sort of pick up on the fact that there was stuff going on, but I guess I was asleep. Everything was pitch black before I remember waking up to a nurse sounding very frantic. I'm pretty sure I fell back to sleep shortly after that. It was very difficult to make sense of time and certain things while I was there. The next morning the elderly lady was telling me about how she had presumably "died" basically and been resuscitated and saw who she described as someone she thought was "a police officer, no a pastor, Jesus? I don't know, but he was a black man wearing a black suit and he was just standing there next to me!". While describing it, she sounded very optimistic; it wasn't a frightening experience for her as it is for most people. Maybe this wasn't one of the "men in black" as they are usually experienced. Maybe he was different. Regardless, it was all very strange.

So, I don't think there's any way we can be entirely sure what these beings are, and what their technical purpose is here. I does seem like they might have a sort of intention to try to help us, warn us and protect us, although the ways in which they do this are frequently pretty questionable. I think the amount of fear someone has toward the unknown and generally daunting experiences plays a role in it. Perhaps they respond to us. Fortunately, the chances of having a terrifying encounter with one of these beings is slim to none. It's pretty rare to hear about them even when reading about paranormal and supernatural encounters. These were probably some of the entities I've been able to find the least amount of information about through research. I just wanted to share what I knew about of them, through research and personal experiences. See you again soon and stay safe out there... Farewell!

Comments

Popular Posts